Thursday 5 January 2012

5th Jan 2012

Disaster! Went to make the bean soup and read that I have to soak the beans overnight!

So decided to make the baked potatoe soup but this was onna take a while and I was starving so I made a starter. I made Jamie's Guacamole:

To make the guacamole I use 2 or 3 ripe avocados, 2 or 3 ripe deseeded tomatoes and a couple of deseeded red chillies, and I throw all this into a food processor with a handful of peeled and chopped spring onions and a good handful of fresh coriander. Once this has been chopped up nice and fine, I add a couple more chopped tomatoes, a good pinch of salt and half of another avocado, chopped, to give it a nice chunky texture. Transfer everything into a bowl and season carefully with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and a good squeeze of lemon or lime juice.

I used cherry tomatoes and left the seeds in and I think this was fine. I cut 2 seeded wraps into 8 and then spread them on the grill pan, drisseled with olive oil and baked for 10 mins. It was a very yummy starter!


Baked potato soup from the Jamie Oliver Magazine - amazing! We didn't bother waiting for the potatoes to cool and I don't think it mattered and we also didn't blend it as we don't have a stick blender we just used a masher. We didn't have bacon so we fried some black forest ham and very thinly sliced some spring onions instead of chives. I didn't like theses cheese with it but the sour cream was great - we used half fat. 8 out of 10. Might become aregular this one, will definately make soups with parmesan rind in again. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment