Sunday 12 February 2012

11th Feb 2012

Seasoned Ribeye Steak with Sweet Potato Wedges & Beans

I seasoned the steaks with salt, pepper, dried thyme and paprika and rubed it all in with olive and left it for an hour. In a bowl I miked a touch of cinamon and paprike with lots of salt and pepper and some olive oil. I peeled and cut the sweet potatoes into wedges and miked them in the bowl with the oil and spices and put them on a baking tray in a hot oven (180c) for 20 mins. Once they went in I turned the heat on the griddle and put some Hinze baked beans in a saucepan on the heat. Put the steaks on the griddle. I added chipotle tobasco, cumin and paprika to the beans and stired it in. Chopped some chives and miked in with the sour cream. Turned the steaks. Plated up some salad leaves and the sour cream and put the steaks on the plate to rest. then a few minutes later the beans then the wedges.

The wedges weren't crispy but I suppose they would have needed to be fried for that, the beans and steak were good though. Much better than when I used a shop bought steak seasoning, well done me!   

No comments:

Post a Comment