Sunday 30 December 2012

Christmas Rocky Road


To make the rocky road Christmasy I melted two seperate batches of white chocolate and added red food colouring to one and green to the other and put these into the base of a clingfilm lined tin so when it was turned out it would become the top (I just made swirly patterns with them). Then in the mixture I added gingernut biscuits, orange zest, orange essance, cinnamon, nutmeg, mixed spice and vanilla essance, about 1 tsp of each. I added shortbread cookies, pecans, cherries and cranberries and lots of marshmallows, dark chocolate, butter and golden syrup mixed it all together and firdged it for an hour, cut it into squares and dusted with icing sugar.

The spices were a big hit with my sister who loves rocky road so I had to make extra for her even though it was a gift for my friend Donna.


No comments:

Post a Comment