Wednesday 3 July 2013

Banoffee Brownies & Blueberry Lime Blondies


One More Slice - Leila Lindhom

The book does not mention anywhere about what size tin to use so I used a standard UK brownie tin. The recipe would not cook and took 1.5 hours in the end with burnt top. bottom and sides and only just cooked middle!!!!! I had to cut off the sides and the top and bottom and then half like a layer cake and cut into squares. Next time I will have the quantities in this brownie section of the book! 

Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
I replaced the Peanut butter with banoffee spread (Asda) and skipped the salted peanuts as I was catering for someone with a nut allergy. The banana worked really well and I would use again.

Raspberry Blondies
I swapped the raspberries for blueberries and added 150g chopped vanilla white chocolate. Everyone said the lime was quite strong so would reduce to 2 limes in future.





No comments:

Post a Comment