Friday 30 December 2011

Thursday 29/12/2011 - Jamie's Prawn Pad Thai & Tana Ramsey's Baked Cheesecake

Pad Thai - was amazing, would definately use this recipe again. Only a few deviations, used more prawns 280g in total, added a teaspoon of palm sugar and the chilli used was dried. Felt very healthy afterwards, may become a weekly favourite! 9 out of 10 - Best Pad Thai is at Busaba EatThai in London and has shredded green mango in it.

Baked Cheesecake with Rhubarb compote - I used left over gingerbread men and shortbread biscuit for the base (which worked really well). For the cream cheese I used half philadelphia (not light!) and half mascapone cheese. For th compote I used the leftovers of a jar of amaretto cherries which again worked really well! I only baked for 32 mins as I have a very feisty oven. I would also say that my cheesecake did not look like the one in the book, I think mostly because I have no patience to let things cool down before adding toppings (so the toppings melt). Finally I drizzeled some of the cherry syrup over the top and served with more syrup and the cherries on the side. 8 out of 10, Jen loved it despite the cherry drizzel.

No comments:

Post a Comment