Sunday 9 June 2013

Caramelised Banana & Snickers Mini Cupcakes


Making Cupcakes With Lola

I made the peanut butter cakes but for the topping I just whipped up Nutella, Biscoff and some butter and it was really really good (peanut, chocolate and caramel - all the snickers requirements)! I ran out of the frosting though (possibly because I kept tasting it to check it was ok?!) so used sliced snickers for the rest which looked good but didn't taste as good.

I made the banana cakes which were really easy, I added an extra banana as well for a bit more of a banana hit. I made the cream cheese frosting but put half in a separate bowl and added vanilla paste, cinnamon and yellow food colouring then put them both in a two colour piping bag which was much messier than I thought it would be! For more of a banana flavour, I caramelised sliced banana in sugar and butter (I used salted butter here) and used to decorate the cakes. The caramel really held the banana flavour.










No comments:

Post a Comment